A Minority owned, Woman owned, Veteran owned California based Limited Liability Company
WaterFunder, LLC accelerates the development of water infrastructure projects with project finance advisory and grant writing and management services.
We teach utilities how to ask for money and then we bring the money to the table.
• We help utility managers learn how to use new project finance frameworks, strategies and tools
• We help utilities fund their projects quickly with alternate sources of capital
• We nurture relationships with impact investors who want exposure to US water assets
• We aggregate and match investors and water investment opportunities
We help corporations add water security solutions to their global ESG programs.
• We help sustainability teams design programs and identify projects to meet their ESG goals
• We help corporations deploy impact capital for measurable and repeatable benefits
• We collaborate with industry stakeholders to craft watershed and aquifer scale solutions
• We connect corporations to emerging technologies to augment and accelerate their strategies
The benefits of water equity and water security are attainable for communities and companies.
We craft strategic alliances and co-development partnerships that connect funding and financing solutions for small, rural, tribal and economically challenged communities specifically to accelerate the rebuild of resilient water infrastructure. Our alliance and partnership network allows us to easily customize corporate water stewardship and sustainability programs that satisfy declared ESG goals.
We pursue activities and relationships that get quick wins for a slow industry.
WaterFunder engagements support the financing needs of broadly defined water, sewer, storm, source water and green infrastructure projects. We build alliances with investors and work with the stakeholders to accelerate the development process. We have assembled an experienced team of project finance, capital planning, asset management and development experts with experience in wastewater, drinking water, stormwater, source water and renewables.
We focus on vulnerable communities and companies, and the ecosystems that supports them.
Small, rural, tribal, and economically disadvantaged communities are the most vulnerable to water inequities. Many US companies face extreme valuation losses from exposures to water insecurity risks. WaterFunder helps communities and companies implement innovative solutions that meet their aligned priorities.
Arthine Cossey van Duyne
Arthine is a globally respected leader known for collaborative approaches at the nexus of water, finance, technology, innovation, and resilient ecosystems. In 2015 she launched WaterFunder after mentoring water technology firms. She has global management experience in the public, private, government, academic, start-up, and non-profit industry sectors. She crafted and implemented growth and expansion strategies for development banks, foreign direct investment agencies, water utilities, capital markets firms, and Silicon Valley tech giants. Arthine is an Army veteran and a Russian linguist, having held roles in data management, military intelligence and civil affairs. She is an angel investor and start-up advisor who invests her resources in prescient business models and solutions to help an ever-changing world. She has an Economics BA from UC Davis and an MBA from IMD in Switzerland.